- Type: Red
- Bottle Size: 750 ml
- Year: 2016
- Grape Variety: Esgana cão, Formosa, Siria, D. Branca, Gouveio, Folgasão, Chasselas Salsa.
- Winemaker: Jorge Afonso
- Region: Trás-os-montes
- Alcohol: 12.5%
Centuries-old vineyards standing at 750m altitude:
• Shale soil and large tarmic amplitudes in the maturation stage;
• Grape harvest selected from different grape varieties (about 20);
• Soft grape crushing process;
• Pre-maceration and skin maceration;
• Spontaneous fermentation, therefore, resorting to yeasts indigenous;
• Fermentation in 1000 liter mills with footsteps;
• 26-month stage in used French oak barrels;
Serving Temperature: 14ºC-16ºC
Nose: Complex and attractive aroma - bouquet.
Mouth: Taste that turns dry, smooth, fresh, and persistent. Very good acidity and a good end of the mouth.
Tasting Notes: Unique wine, typically Reserva. Very gastronomic and with excellent bottle aging potential. Singular wine that provides a very distinct tasting experience, when compared to common wines found in the market.